Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Barack Obama being the new president

Obama a person who made history. Finally we have a president that will turn things around. I hope he does change things and makes the world better.He looked very happy when he got elected. I am so happy he is our president now. He made history by making people understand that he will change things around and most people didn't vote for him because they thought he was a terrorist that's why he proved to people that he will help this country in every way he can. I was in school the day of the inauguration my teacher tried to pull up the inauguration on the web but it kept freezing. So that day i had to watch the replay but i watched the balls that he went to. Another reason that people probably didn't vote for Obama is of his skin color. I don't believe that it makes a difference that somebody has different color skin and martin Luther king fought for the right of that. I also think Obama will lower gas prices they started going down but then there coming back up pretty quickly!! I hope Obama will be a great president in four years. Good job Obama i am so proud of you!

7 comments:

  1. Reagan,

    I'm proud of YOU! Thanks for sharing your opinions with us. You are very good writer. Keep it up! I'm not just telling you this because I agreed with everything you said, either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I like your long post about one of your favorite people. I will always remember how closely you paid attention to the election and this historical event. Young people's opinions do count.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what? - He will probably be your favorite President Just like Ronald Reagan Was your Mom's. - Because of the impact he will have and the age that you are.....promise me you won't name one of your kids Obama some day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reagan my friend,... you are so right! I work in a school and i brought my own little tv to have in my highschool computer lab. We also had another set up in the auditorium and showing it on the big screen. I was in the cafeteria at the time he took the oath, I was with people your age,.. grades 4th through 6th. They cheered! I really like your post today, and how you talk right from your heart. You GO girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison-- you beat me to that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reagan,I'm very proud of you for the opinions you expressed so clearly. You know I didn't agree with you before the election but he is our President and we must all work to help him be successful now. You are never wrong when you express your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reagan. What a girl you are. A budding political science major!! Maybe you can be the first woman president.

    ReplyDelete